Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri November 23, 2012
Paducah Interstate 24 Holiday Shopping Snarls
Kentucky transportation officials warn drivers to be aware heavy traffic along Interstate 24 near exits three and four at Paducah through the holiday shopping season. Traffic engineers will be adjusting signals along U.S. 60 at Exit Four to account for the influx of holiday shoppers, but they say traffic may still back up at times on the exit ramps. They warn congestion reduces the deceleration zone on the ramps and may occasionally back traffic up onto the main lanes of I-24.