Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed May 15, 2013
Paducah To Host NCB World Series
The National Club Baseball World Series is coming to Paducah this year. Brooks Stadium Commission Chairman Dr. Frank Hideg and Paducah Convention and Visitors Bureau Sales Director Fowler Black provided a preview of the upcoming event to Paducah’s City Commission last night. Eight college teams will participate in the series, May 16th through the 22nd.
Black says Brooks Stadium and Paducah’s geographically centered location is why the NCP chose the city for its World Series. Black says the local economic impact of the 250 baseball players, not including friends or families, is approximately $117,000.