Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed May 15, 2013
Paducah To Host NCB World Series
The National Club Baseball World Series is coming to Paducah this year. Brooks Stadium Commission Chairman Dr. Frank Hideg and Paducah Convention and Visitors Bureau Sales Director Fowler Black provided a preview of the upcoming event to Paducah’s City Commission last night. Eight college teams will participate in the series, May 16th through the 22nd.
Black says Brooks Stadium and Paducah’s geographically centered location is why the NCP chose the city for its World Series. Black says the local economic impact of the 250 baseball players, not including friends or families, is approximately $117,000.