Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Sun October 21, 2012
The Paducah History of Krispy Kreme Donuts
Paducah sits a little more than two hours from the nearest Krispy Kreme donut shop, and local fans of the brand’s glazed treats can only find them here and there in local gas stations. Yet, Paducah is where Krispy Kreme creator Vernon Rudolph discovered the recipe for his famous yeast-raised doughnuts and where he worked at his uncle’s store, selling the pastries from a box on his bicycle. Casey Northcutt has more on Rudolph’s impressive and somewhat disputed transformation from humble doughnut peddler into bakery mogul.