Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon June 29, 2009
Paducah Hires Contractor for Bridge
By Casey Northcutt
Paducah, KY – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has hired a Louisville contractor to design the superstructure of a new US 60 bridge over the Tennessee River in Paducah. The highway department hired URS Corps. because the project has been delayed for a year due to high water. Officials hope the new hire will put the project back on track. The bridge is estimated to cost 80 million-dollars and will be completed in 2012 or 2013.