Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon June 29, 2009
Paducah Hires Contractor for Bridge
By Casey Northcutt
Paducah, KY – The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has hired a Louisville contractor to design the superstructure of a new US 60 bridge over the Tennessee River in Paducah. The highway department hired URS Corps. because the project has been delayed for a year due to high water. Officials hope the new hire will put the project back on track. The bridge is estimated to cost 80 million-dollars and will be completed in 2012 or 2013.