Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed June 27, 2012
Paducah gets Fire Prevention Division
Paducah Mayor Bill Paxton and city commissioners passed an ordinance last night creating a Fire Prevention Division attached to the city’s fire department.
The move abolishes Paducah’s Inspection Department, shifting its employees, duties, functions and responsibilities to the new division. Commissioner Gayle Kaler says the reorganization gives Fire Chief Steve Kyle the chance to improve city inspection service.
“Chief Kyle has a great background. He’s very organized. I think he understands the importance of bringing that customer-friendly aspect to the Inspections Department,” says Kaler.
The commission also accepted a bid from a Litchfield company to provide fencing at a new dog park. Kaler says the park will open in August as a part of the city’s Stuart Nelson Park.