Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri May 22, 2009
Paducah Doctor Suspended
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – A doctor at Lourdes hospital has had his license suspended for three months after domestic violence allegations and accusations he improperly subscribed medications. Weight loss surgeon Dr. Alex Argotte resigned from his position at the hospital last month. The Paducah Sun reports a copy of an agreed order of suspension on file at the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure shows Argotte denies the allegations. At the same time, he agrees sufficient grounds existed to impose sanctions on him.