Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Fri June 22, 2012
Paducah Doc Pleads Not Guilty to Trafficking Charges
A McCracken County Circuit Court judge hears a motion today in a drug trafficking case against a Paducah doctor. Dr. Troy Nelson pled not guilty yesterday to 11 drug trafficking charges.
He faces seven felony and four misdemeanor counts of trafficking in a controlled substance. Nelson's lawyer, Mark Bryant, filed a motion to obtain records from the Kentucky All-Schedule Prescription Reporting system to learn about the individuals who made the allegations. Bryant tells The Paducah Sun his client knows who the accusers are, but doesn't know any other details surrounding the allegations. Nelson is still working and taking new patients as he prepares for trial. Prosecutors say Nelson illegally sold or distributed drugs to seven people in exchange for personal favors.