Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri June 22, 2012
Paducah Doc Pleads Not Guilty to Trafficking Charges
A McCracken County Circuit Court judge hears a motion today in a drug trafficking case against a Paducah doctor. Dr. Troy Nelson pled not guilty yesterday to 11 drug trafficking charges.
He faces seven felony and four misdemeanor counts of trafficking in a controlled substance. Nelson's lawyer, Mark Bryant, filed a motion to obtain records from the Kentucky All-Schedule Prescription Reporting system to learn about the individuals who made the allegations. Bryant tells The Paducah Sun his client knows who the accusers are, but doesn't know any other details surrounding the allegations. Nelson is still working and taking new patients as he prepares for trial. Prosecutors say Nelson illegally sold or distributed drugs to seven people in exchange for personal favors.