Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri June 22, 2012
Paducah Doc Pleads Not Guilty to Trafficking Charges
A McCracken County Circuit Court judge hears a motion today in a drug trafficking case against a Paducah doctor. Dr. Troy Nelson pled not guilty yesterday to 11 drug trafficking charges.
He faces seven felony and four misdemeanor counts of trafficking in a controlled substance. Nelson's lawyer, Mark Bryant, filed a motion to obtain records from the Kentucky All-Schedule Prescription Reporting system to learn about the individuals who made the allegations. Bryant tells The Paducah Sun his client knows who the accusers are, but doesn't know any other details surrounding the allegations. Nelson is still working and taking new patients as he prepares for trial. Prosecutors say Nelson illegally sold or distributed drugs to seven people in exchange for personal favors.