Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Upcoming State Budget Deficit Could Exceed $400 million
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
Thu December 18, 2008
Paducah Couple to Serve Prison Terms for Child's death
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – A Paducah couple has been sentenced to prison after the woman's child died from abuse. McCracken Circuit Judge Craig Clymer sentenced William Plummer to 25 years in prison on Wednesday. Plummer pled guilty to the murder of his girlfriend's 2-year-old child. The mother, 28-year-old JeTina Baker, also was sentenced Wednesday to seven years after pleading guilty to second-degree manslaughter and first-degree abuse. According to the sheriff's department, Plummer admitted that he hit Colin while changing his diaper and threw him on a sofa, causing him to hit his head on an armrest. Colin died two days later. Prosecutors said Baker knew Plummer was abusing the child and did nothing to prevent it.