Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue December 8, 2009
Paducah Could Discuss Buying Big E'
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah City Commissioners may discuss buying the Executive Inn from Logan Asset Backed Fund at tonight's meeting. According to the Paducah Sun, sources familiar with the case say if hotel owner Bhupinder Singh and mortgage holder Logan Asset can reach an agreement and transfer ownership, Logan may sell the hotel to the city for $1.8 million. Officials say the agreement would be key to settling the year-plus long legal battle and foreclosure claims on the Executive Inn's $3.5 million mortgage.