Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed July 25, 2012
Paducah Convention Center Discusses Contract
Time and financial uncertainty are at the center of a contract negotiation between the Paducah convention center board and the Luther F. Carson Four Rivers Center.
The Carson Center has been running the Julian Carroll Convention and Paducah Expo centers since December for $10,000 a month under a six-month contract. According to The Paducah Sun, Carson Center officials would like to transition to a 12-month management agreement. However, members of the Convention Center Corporation’s executive committee say they don’t believe they can accommodate a longer commitment. The group ultimately decided to recommend keeping the six-month term and ask the Carson Center to remove a $5,000 penalty for breaking the contract.