Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed July 25, 2012
Paducah Convention Center Discusses Contract
Time and financial uncertainty are at the center of a contract negotiation between the Paducah convention center board and the Luther F. Carson Four Rivers Center.
The Carson Center has been running the Julian Carroll Convention and Paducah Expo centers since December for $10,000 a month under a six-month contract. According to The Paducah Sun, Carson Center officials would like to transition to a 12-month management agreement. However, members of the Convention Center Corporation’s executive committee say they don’t believe they can accommodate a longer commitment. The group ultimately decided to recommend keeping the six-month term and ask the Carson Center to remove a $5,000 penalty for breaking the contract.