Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed July 25, 2012
Paducah Convention Center Discusses Contract
Time and financial uncertainty are at the center of a contract negotiation between the Paducah convention center board and the Luther F. Carson Four Rivers Center.
The Carson Center has been running the Julian Carroll Convention and Paducah Expo centers since December for $10,000 a month under a six-month contract. According to The Paducah Sun, Carson Center officials would like to transition to a 12-month management agreement. However, members of the Convention Center Corporation’s executive committee say they don’t believe they can accommodate a longer commitment. The group ultimately decided to recommend keeping the six-month term and ask the Carson Center to remove a $5,000 penalty for breaking the contract.