Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed August 20, 2008
Paducah to Continue Greenway Trail Expansion
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – While in Paducah today, Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear announced the approval of a 500 thousand dollar grant to continue development of the five-mile Paducah Greenway Trail. The funding will support a trail expansion project that includes the construction of nearly 6 thousand feet of trail and an underpass at US 45. Upon its completion, the trail will provide non-motorized transportation links to Paducah's historic downtown and link four area parks.