Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed June 13, 2012
Paducah Commissioners Discuss Major Changes to Inspections Department
Paducah City Commissioners yesterday discussed making significant changes to the city Inspections Department.
Following the death of Inspection Director Joel Scarborough, officials had been considering getting rid of the department and moving the employees, functions, and responsibilities to a new division of the Paducah Fire Department. They introduced an ordinance to create this division last night. Mayor Bill Paxton says following Scarborough's death, this reorganization seems like a viable option to maintain effective service in the area.
"This, where we put it under the fire division, has been done in other cities across the country quite effectively
Commissioners will vote on the proposed division soon along with a budget for the next fiscal year.