Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue March 16, 2010
Paducah Commission to Discuss Automatic Raises
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah Mayor Bill Paxton and Commissioners Gerald Watkins, Carol Gault, Gayle Kaler and Richard Abraham are each receiving an approximately 3% raise in their next paycheck. The raises are automatic and are based on cost of living estimates from Kentucky's Department of Local Government. The city's 205 non-uniformed employees have not received a raise so far this year, but may see a 1.5% increase in July. The Paducah Sun reports Mayor Paxton supports the raises, but several commissioners wish to decline them. They are expected to discuss the issue at tonight's meeting.