Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed March 21, 2012
Paducah City Commissioners Go Back on Housing Contract
Paducah City commissioners last night rejected an ordinance that would have changed a property swap agreement with the city’s Housing Authority. In May 2009, both parties agreed to exchange city property on H.C. Mathis Drive with Housing Authority land at 14th and Martin Luther King Junior Drive. The swap was contingent on the authority’s demolition of housing units on their land. However, the Housing Authority was unable to secure federal approval to spend the necessary funds. Earlier this month, commissioners introduced an ordinance eliminating that requirement, but last night’s vote leaves the original agreement intact.