Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed October 21, 2009
Paducah City Commission Meeting
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – Paducah city commissioners last night approved an ordinance setting real estate and personal property tax rates for fiscal year 2010 at 25 cents per $100 of assessed value.
The approved rate is the same this year as it has been for the previous 2 years, but residents in the Paducah Independent School district will see an increase of half a cent. The tax bill on a house in that area assessed at $100,000 will go up $8.
In other commission news, commissioners agreed to review a General Fund report showing an over $1.2 million balance after the city's books were closed for the last fiscal year. At a workshop this past summer, commissioners decided to reserve the money for the firefighters' incentive pay overtime lawsuit and the city's police-fire pension fund.