Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed May 29, 2013
Paducah City Commission Holds Budget Workshop
The City of Paducah will have a balanced budget next year. Mayor Gayle Kaler and Commissioners conducted a budget workshop last night. City Manager Jeff Pederson started the meeting by going over the draft of the city manager’s budget letter which is the first section of the budget document. Pederson says three full-time positions have been eliminated from the budget through retirement and unfilled vacancies. Personnel costs make up 71.8% of the general fund budget.
The proposed general fund operating expenditures is nearly $31.2 million while the estimated revenue is slightly more than $30.9 million. Cash carry-over from previous years will balance the budget. The budget ordinance will be introduced at the June 11 Commission meeting.