Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon February 1, 2010
Paducah Chamber Pushing Buy Local Campaign
Paducah, KY – The Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce plans to push a buy local campaign during an upcoming lobbying trip to the state capital. Chamber President Elaine Spalding says representatives of the nearly 1,000-member business advocacy group will distribute the booklets February 4th at West Kentucky Thank You Night. This year's annual gathering, involving 26 chambers and 55 companies, is among the largest receptions during the General Assembly. The Paducah chamber began the Buy Local marketing campaign last spring, noting that $68 out of every $100 spent locally stays in Paducah to help retain jobs, boost revenue, and provide convenience and customer service.