Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon February 1, 2010
Paducah Chamber Pushing Buy Local Campaign
Paducah, KY – The Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce plans to push a buy local campaign during an upcoming lobbying trip to the state capital. Chamber President Elaine Spalding says representatives of the nearly 1,000-member business advocacy group will distribute the booklets February 4th at West Kentucky Thank You Night. This year's annual gathering, involving 26 chambers and 55 companies, is among the largest receptions during the General Assembly. The Paducah chamber began the Buy Local marketing campaign last spring, noting that $68 out of every $100 spent locally stays in Paducah to help retain jobs, boost revenue, and provide convenience and customer service.