Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon January 18, 2010
Paducah Chamber Mulls June Move
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – The Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce and other economic groups plan to consider transferring their offices to Julian Carroll Convention Center. McCracken County Judge-Executive Van Newberry tells the Paducah Sun the move would provide revenue to operate the convention center. However, others say it's impractical because the convention center isn't divided into office space. City officials plan to give the Chamber's building to Geotech engineering in June. The chamber plans to lease temporary office space for up to five years before moving into a permanent home. Proposals for the chamber's temporary location are due by January 29.