Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed February 17, 2010
Paducah Building Swap May Face Hang Ups
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A proposition to give the Commerce Center in downtown Paducah to Geotech Engineering and Testing is now coming under fire from city commissioners. The building at Fourth and Kentucky houses the Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce and the Greater Economic Development Council. The proposal is to trade the building for the engineering firm's current headquarters on South 17th Street, but the deal would mean the city would take on the company's current mortgage. That's the main hang up for commissioners. The Paducah Sun reports the building is expensive to maintain and Mayor Bill Paxton wants it back on the tax roll, along with Geotech's 50 plus employees working downtown.