Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu August 29, 2013
Paducah Bank Names New President
Paducah Bank has named Mardie Herndon Jr. as the bank’s new president and COO. Herndon succeeds Wally Bateman who is leaving the post after 20 years in the position. Bateman will remain as a director and officer for the bank.
Herndon has more than 20 years of banking experience. He has served as president and CEO of SunTrust Bank – Middle Georgia, in Macon for five years and held similar leadership positions in both Savannah and Americus, GA. Herndon worked for Wachovia for more than 10 years prior to joining SunTrust in 2001. His most recent position involved supervision and management of more than 425 bank branches and 2,300 employees across the mid-Atlantic states of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia.
“I am very honored to have been selected to lead Paducah Bank into its next phase of successful operation,” Herndon commented.
Herndon, 44, earned a bachelor’s degree in finance from Georgia Southern University. He and his wife Jennifer have three daughters – twins who attend Armstrong Atlantic University and a high school junior.