Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu August 29, 2013
Paducah Bank Names New President
Paducah Bank has named Mardie Herndon Jr. as the bank’s new president and COO. Herndon succeeds Wally Bateman who is leaving the post after 20 years in the position. Bateman will remain as a director and officer for the bank.
Herndon has more than 20 years of banking experience. He has served as president and CEO of SunTrust Bank – Middle Georgia, in Macon for five years and held similar leadership positions in both Savannah and Americus, GA. Herndon worked for Wachovia for more than 10 years prior to joining SunTrust in 2001. His most recent position involved supervision and management of more than 425 bank branches and 2,300 employees across the mid-Atlantic states of South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia.
“I am very honored to have been selected to lead Paducah Bank into its next phase of successful operation,” Herndon commented.
Herndon, 44, earned a bachelor’s degree in finance from Georgia Southern University. He and his wife Jennifer have three daughters – twins who attend Armstrong Atlantic University and a high school junior.