Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed January 8, 2014
Paducah To Apply For NEA Grant
The Paducah City Commission approved a municipal order to apply for the Our Town Program grant through the National Endowment for the Arts at its meeting last night.
The grant request is for $81,500 dollars and requires a one-to-one match of cash or in-kind services.
The grant application would be in partnership with the Columbia Theatre Task Force and the Paducah Film Society for a feasibility study that to identify marketing strategies and financial resources for the city-owned Columbia Theatre.
In December the firm Westlake, Reed, and Leskosky estimated renovations at nearly $6 million to renovate the 17,300 square foot building. The Columbia Theatre was built in 1927.