Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed January 8, 2014
Paducah To Apply For NEA Grant
The Paducah City Commission approved a municipal order to apply for the Our Town Program grant through the National Endowment for the Arts at its meeting last night.
The grant request is for $81,500 dollars and requires a one-to-one match of cash or in-kind services.
The grant application would be in partnership with the Columbia Theatre Task Force and the Paducah Film Society for a feasibility study that to identify marketing strategies and financial resources for the city-owned Columbia Theatre.
In December the firm Westlake, Reed, and Leskosky estimated renovations at nearly $6 million to renovate the 17,300 square foot building. The Columbia Theatre was built in 1927.