Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed November 4, 2009
Paducah to Adopt Texting while Driving Ban
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah City Commissioners agreed to adopt a ban on texting while at their next meeting. Risk Manager Cindy Medford recommended the proposal to commissioners at a meeting last night in support of a pre-filed bill in the Kentucky General Assembly. The bill would create a probationary period for the public to become accustomed to the changes, after which a fine of $50 could be issued. Medford referred to a recent study that finds drivers who text are 23 times more likely to be in a collision.