Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed November 4, 2009
Paducah to Adopt Texting while Driving Ban
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah City Commissioners agreed to adopt a ban on texting while at their next meeting. Risk Manager Cindy Medford recommended the proposal to commissioners at a meeting last night in support of a pre-filed bill in the Kentucky General Assembly. The bill would create a probationary period for the public to become accustomed to the changes, after which a fine of $50 could be issued. Medford referred to a recent study that finds drivers who text are 23 times more likely to be in a collision.