Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed November 4, 2009
Paducah to Adopt Texting while Driving Ban
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah City Commissioners agreed to adopt a ban on texting while at their next meeting. Risk Manager Cindy Medford recommended the proposal to commissioners at a meeting last night in support of a pre-filed bill in the Kentucky General Assembly. The bill would create a probationary period for the public to become accustomed to the changes, after which a fine of $50 could be issued. Medford referred to a recent study that finds drivers who text are 23 times more likely to be in a collision.