Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon July 27, 2009
Paducah 7th-grader to Sing at NFL Game
Paducah, KY – A 12-year-old Paducah boy has been invited to sing at an NFL pre-season game next month.
Kendall Washington is no stranger to the spotlight, having sang with gospel singer Vickie Winans at age seven and at the Apollo Theater in New York at age 10.
This time, the Paducah Middle School seventh-grader will sing the national anthem for the Buffalo Bills' preseason game against Chicago on August 15th.
Kendall met Paducah native and Bills player George Wilson last year when Wilson visited his school. Wilson told Kendall's parents to send him an audition tape and he would make sure it went to the right people.
Kendall says he's been practicing daily so he doesn't "freeze up" when he takes the stage.