Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon July 27, 2009
Paducah 7th-grader to Sing at NFL Game
Paducah, KY – A 12-year-old Paducah boy has been invited to sing at an NFL pre-season game next month.
Kendall Washington is no stranger to the spotlight, having sang with gospel singer Vickie Winans at age seven and at the Apollo Theater in New York at age 10.
This time, the Paducah Middle School seventh-grader will sing the national anthem for the Buffalo Bills' preseason game against Chicago on August 15th.
Kendall met Paducah native and Bills player George Wilson last year when Wilson visited his school. Wilson told Kendall's parents to send him an audition tape and he would make sure it went to the right people.
Kendall says he's been practicing daily so he doesn't "freeze up" when he takes the stage.