Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Mon July 15, 2013
PACRO Search Committee Identifies Possible Administrators, Considers Organization’s Future
Paducah's Mayor is tight lipped about three entities that could take over management of the Paducah-Community Reuse Organization (PACRO).
The search committee met this morning in a closed meeting to find an administrator for the organization that's designed to mitigate the effects of impending layoffs at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion plant.
PACRO is losing its existing administrator and executive director at the end of the month. The group's executive committee last week picked a five member search committee to enter emergency negotiations with any interested parties.
Paducah Mayor Gayle Kaler, serves on the search committee and attended a closed meeting this morning.
“It was suggestions from the committee this morning of ways that we can reorganize and make PACRO into more of a true working board to get some things done that need to be done for the community and for those workers,” she said.
The search committee next meets with the PACRO Executive Committee July 24. There, Kaler says members will consider whether or not to offer an administrative contract to one of the three potential suitors.