Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri January 29, 2010
P & L Gets Tax Breaks for Green Building
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The Commonwealth has granted Paducah & Louisville Railway $400,000 in state tax incentives so the company can build a green' downtown headquarters in Paducah. The company is committed to building the $4 million plus facility and hopes to break ground by mid-summer. The Paducah Sun reports P and L's current headquarters on Kentucky Avenue is overcrowded and aging. The company remains undecided on whether it will seek a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design or LEED accreditation, which is the national benchmark of environmental construction.