Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri June 12, 2009
Owners of Former Hospital Site Mulling Options
By Chris Taylor
Benton, KY – The new owner of the former hospital in Benton is considering three options for the site's future. Dennis Smith and his partners invested over 116 thousand dollars earlier this year. Smith says among the options he's considering, his favorite is using the building as a veteran's administration convalescent center. He says a V-A clinic in Benton would be a great service to the region's veterans, who currently have to drive as far as Hopkins County or Marion, IL for care. Smith says other possibilities would be to use the facility for a drug rehabilitation clinic or to house a medical school through a joint venture with the University of Kentucky and Murray State University.