Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon January 30, 2012
Owensboro Soldier Facing Espionage Charges
By Drew Adams/Associated Press
Ownesboro, KY – An Owensboro soldier stationed in Alaska may be facing espionage charges. 22-year-old Colton Millay is accused of transmitting national defense secrets to someone he believed was a foreign intelligence agent. A joint Army, Air Force, and FBI investigation determined Millay had access to classified information both in his foreign deployments and while serving at home. Millay will face a preliminary trial February to determine whether or not he will face a general court martial. If convicted, Millay faces a sentence of life in prison.