Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue January 8, 2013
Owensboro Hospital Searching for More Doctors
A hospital in Daviess County is looking to bring additional primary care physicians to the region. Owensboro Medical Health System is recruiting two dozen doctors this year to meet the needs of the hospital's service area in western Kentucky and southern Indiana.
OMHS spokesman Gordon Wilkerson says physician recruitment is similar to starting a small business. He says,
"A physician is going to, just by effect, bring patients and that creates jobs in other areas like nurses, x-ray technicians, pharmacists, and so forth."
Wilkerson says a new Owensboro hospital, under construction and scheduled to open in June, has been a valuable recruitment tool.