Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue January 8, 2013
Owensboro Hospital Searching for More Doctors
A hospital in Daviess County is looking to bring additional primary care physicians to the region. Owensboro Medical Health System is recruiting two dozen doctors this year to meet the needs of the hospital's service area in western Kentucky and southern Indiana.
OMHS spokesman Gordon Wilkerson says physician recruitment is similar to starting a small business. He says,
"A physician is going to, just by effect, bring patients and that creates jobs in other areas like nurses, x-ray technicians, pharmacists, and so forth."
Wilkerson says a new Owensboro hospital, under construction and scheduled to open in June, has been a valuable recruitment tool.