Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Land Between the Lakes
Fri June 1, 2012
Orphaned Eaglet Rescued in LBL
An orphaned eaglet found in Land Between the Lakes is in Louisville for rehabilitation.
A volunteer checking on eagles’ nests in the Duncan Bay area discovered the eaglet after finding one of the nests on the ground. Forest Service and Kentucky Wildlife officials determined the nestling would not survive unless it was rescued. They captured and transferred the eaglet to a Louisville wildlife rehabilitator. If the eaglet survives it will be released back near where it was found.