Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu September 6, 2012
Organizers Prepare for 25th Annual Pow-Wow in Hopkinsville
The 25th annual intertribal pow-wow is this weekend at the Trail of Tears Commemorative Park in Hopkinsville. The park is located on a plot of land that served as a temporary home to Cherokee Indians for a short time in the 1830’s when they made their trek from their ancestral homes to Oklahoma.
The pow-wow began in 1987 features music, storytelling and native American dancing. Chad Lampe speaks with Pow-Wow chairman Roger Richey about this year’s events.
The Pow-Wow begins Friday, September 7th with a free concert. See more at trail of tear.org