Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Fri June 29, 2012
Open Fires Banned in LBL
The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area has banned open fires due to prolonged high heat and dry conditions in the region.
The ban limits fires to metal campfire rings at developed campgrounds. L-B-L officials say the ban will remain until the area receives a significant amount of rainfall. Campers at the lakes may still use self-contained camp stoves while visiting. Open fires and fireworks are also banned in Pennyrile State Forrest. Several area counties have issued burn bans due to the prolonged drought and high temperatures.