Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Fri June 29, 2012
Open Fires Banned in LBL
The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area has banned open fires due to prolonged high heat and dry conditions in the region.
The ban limits fires to metal campfire rings at developed campgrounds. L-B-L officials say the ban will remain until the area receives a significant amount of rainfall. Campers at the lakes may still use self-contained camp stoves while visiting. Open fires and fireworks are also banned in Pennyrile State Forrest. Several area counties have issued burn bans due to the prolonged drought and high temperatures.