Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Fri June 29, 2012
Open Fires Banned in LBL
The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area has banned open fires due to prolonged high heat and dry conditions in the region.
The ban limits fires to metal campfire rings at developed campgrounds. L-B-L officials say the ban will remain until the area receives a significant amount of rainfall. Campers at the lakes may still use self-contained camp stoves while visiting. Open fires and fireworks are also banned in Pennyrile State Forrest. Several area counties have issued burn bans due to the prolonged drought and high temperatures.