Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri June 29, 2012
Open Fires Banned in LBL
The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area has banned open fires due to prolonged high heat and dry conditions in the region.
The ban limits fires to metal campfire rings at developed campgrounds. L-B-L officials say the ban will remain until the area receives a significant amount of rainfall. Campers at the lakes may still use self-contained camp stoves while visiting. Open fires and fireworks are also banned in Pennyrile State Forrest. Several area counties have issued burn bans due to the prolonged drought and high temperatures.