Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon October 6, 2008
Online Gambling Lawsuit Develops
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – Lawyers are in Franklin County Circuit Court asking for the dismissal of a lawsuit that would block Kentuckians' access to numerous online gambling websites. Governor Steve Beshear's administration has filed a lawsuit asking Judge Thomas Wingate to forfeit control of 141 Internet domain names to the state. The list includes some of the most popular gambling sites on the Internet. Frankfort attorney Bill Johnson, however, says the state does not have jurisdiction and the lawsuit shouldn't even be considered. Johnson says the Kentucky Justice Cabinet does not have the authority to file such lawsuits.