Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Sun November 16, 2008
OneCall Test Goes Smoothly
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Tomorrow's agenda for the Calloway County Fiscal Court meeting includes discussion of the automated emergency phone service officials tested last Thursday. The OneCall notification system is a computer software program that county officials could use to send automated warnings to residents. Emergency Management Director Bill Call says it took roughly two and a half hours to complete the county-wide test, and that officials are pleased with the results. He says it would be extremely useful for emergencies like chemical spills or tornado warnings in specific areas of the county. The court will discuss the system tomorrow, but Call says he's not sure if they'll vote on purchasing it or not.