Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon October 12, 2009
One MSU Project Chosen, Others Dropped
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – One Murray State University project is among those chosen by Kentucky's Interim Capital Projects Advisory Committee. Representative Melvin Henley of Murray says the members voted Friday to back constructing a new physics building on campus. Among the plans not on the list is a new MSU extended campus in Paducah. Henley says out of hundreds of proposals statewide only 15 new construction projects were selected, along with fifteen renovation projects, and ten information and technology proposals. Henley says the selection doesn't guarantee funding, but it does boost the chances. The final decision lies with the 2010 General Assembly.