Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon October 12, 2009
One MSU Project Chosen, Others Dropped
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – One Murray State University project is among those chosen by Kentucky's Interim Capital Projects Advisory Committee. Representative Melvin Henley of Murray says the members voted Friday to back constructing a new physics building on campus. Among the plans not on the list is a new MSU extended campus in Paducah. Henley says out of hundreds of proposals statewide only 15 new construction projects were selected, along with fifteen renovation projects, and ten information and technology proposals. Henley says the selection doesn't guarantee funding, but it does boost the chances. The final decision lies with the 2010 General Assembly.