Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed May 27, 2009
"One Call" on Cell Phones
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Calloway county officials continue to work out the kinks in the new "One Call" emergency alert phone system. County Judge Executive Larry Elkins says most residents with listed numbers are on the system, but unlisted numbers and cell phones aren't. The city and county instituted the One Call system earlier this year to provide emergency information during severe weather.
We've had really some good feedback from people who called and thanked us for alerting them of impending danger.
The county picks up the annual 11 thousand dollar cost for One Call, which is free for residents. Elkins says officials plan a marketing campaign to promote online registration for the alert system.