Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu August 8, 2013
The Olms On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed October 2, 2013 4:33 pm
Pete Yorn has long had a way with hooky rock songs, so it was easy for him to connect with fellow L.A. musician J.D. King over a mutual love for '60s music. The two first started recording together just for fun, blending folk-rock and subtle psychedelia into a joint project they call The Olms.
Named for a small cave-dwelling amphibian that adapts itself to living in complete darkness, King and Yorn say they didn't necessarily expect their music to see the light of day. On this installment of World Cafe, hear a few retro-leaning tracks from the pair's self-titled album.