Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Kentucky State Police
Fri September 13, 2013
Older State Police Cruisers Prove Costly
More than half of the cruisers now being used by Kentucky state police troopers have logged over 100,000 miles and are becoming costly to repair. State Police Commissioner Rodney Brewer said financial woes are preventing the department from replacing older cruisers as quickly as he'd like. The result, he told lawmakers Thursday, has been high maintenance costs that have reached about $180,000 a month.
He said his agency is spending $7 million a year on fuel for cruisers, which travel some 30 million miles a year.