Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Kentucky State Police
Fri September 13, 2013
Older State Police Cruisers Prove Costly
More than half of the cruisers now being used by Kentucky state police troopers have logged over 100,000 miles and are becoming costly to repair. State Police Commissioner Rodney Brewer said financial woes are preventing the department from replacing older cruisers as quickly as he'd like. The result, he told lawmakers Thursday, has been high maintenance costs that have reached about $180,000 a month.
He said his agency is spending $7 million a year on fuel for cruisers, which travel some 30 million miles a year.