Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Kentucky State Police
Fri September 13, 2013
Older State Police Cruisers Prove Costly
More than half of the cruisers now being used by Kentucky state police troopers have logged over 100,000 miles and are becoming costly to repair. State Police Commissioner Rodney Brewer said financial woes are preventing the department from replacing older cruisers as quickly as he'd like. The result, he told lawmakers Thursday, has been high maintenance costs that have reached about $180,000 a month.
He said his agency is spending $7 million a year on fuel for cruisers, which travel some 30 million miles a year.