Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu July 19, 2012
Ohio River Drowning Victim Identified
The Ballard County Coroner's office has released the name of a man who died in a boating accident Tuesday near Olmstead lock and dam.
Sixty-eight-year-old James Larry Boyd, of Villa Ridge, Ill., died when his boat overturned. Another southern Illinois man also fell into the water, but was able to swim to safety. Ballard County Emergency Management Director Anita Bugg said the survivor asked officials not release his name to protect his family.