Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Thu July 19, 2012
Ohio River Drowning Victim Identified
The Ballard County Coroner's office has released the name of a man who died in a boating accident Tuesday near Olmstead lock and dam.
Sixty-eight-year-old James Larry Boyd, of Villa Ridge, Ill., died when his boat overturned. Another southern Illinois man also fell into the water, but was able to swim to safety. Ballard County Emergency Management Director Anita Bugg said the survivor asked officials not release his name to protect his family.