Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu July 19, 2012
Ohio River Drowning Victim Identified
The Ballard County Coroner's office has released the name of a man who died in a boating accident Tuesday near Olmstead lock and dam.
Sixty-eight-year-old James Larry Boyd, of Villa Ridge, Ill., died when his boat overturned. Another southern Illinois man also fell into the water, but was able to swim to safety. Ballard County Emergency Management Director Anita Bugg said the survivor asked officials not release his name to protect his family.