Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu July 19, 2012
Ohio River Drowning Victim Identified
The Ballard County Coroner's office has released the name of a man who died in a boating accident Tuesday near Olmstead lock and dam.
Sixty-eight-year-old James Larry Boyd, of Villa Ridge, Ill., died when his boat overturned. Another southern Illinois man also fell into the water, but was able to swim to safety. Ballard County Emergency Management Director Anita Bugg said the survivor asked officials not release his name to protect his family.