Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu July 19, 2012
Ohio River Drowning Victim Identified
The Ballard County Coroner's office has released the name of a man who died in a boating accident Tuesday near Olmstead lock and dam.
Sixty-eight-year-old James Larry Boyd, of Villa Ridge, Ill., died when his boat overturned. Another southern Illinois man also fell into the water, but was able to swim to safety. Ballard County Emergency Management Director Anita Bugg said the survivor asked officials not release his name to protect his family.