Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue October 1, 2013
Officials Say Early Kynect Glitches Solved
Officials with the Cabinet of Health and Family Services resolved early online application glitches this afternoon for Kynect, Kentucky’s health benefit exchange.
The website went life shortly after midnight Tuesday morning, bringing almost 24,000 users and more than a thousand early applications.
A cluster of unexpected activity rendered the website inoperable for several hours, but Communications Director Glenda Bond says the website functions resumed earlier this afternoon.
"Even with those issues, we’ve still had significant traffic to the website today and to our call center. The Kynect website had more than 57,000 unique visitors today. Our contact center fielded over 3,000 calls and we’ve had close to 2,000 applications that have been started as of about 2:30 this afternoon. Of those, about 1,200 are complete," she said.
Kynect is the Commonwealth’s implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
It gives users the opportunity to shop for insurance coverage and seek financial assistance.
Elements of the act through the program allow Kentuckians to qualify for coverage despite pre-existing conditions.