Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
It's All Politics
Mon August 27, 2012
Officially, The Convention Has Begun; And The GOP's 'Debt Clocks' Are Running
Originally published on Mon August 27, 2012 3:31 pm
With a bang of his supersized gavel, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus just opened the 2012 GOP convention.
And moments later with another bang of the gavel he declared it in recess.
As we've reported, tropical storm Isaac convinced Republicans to delay the real start of their convention until Tuesday.
But, they did follow party rules to officially declare the convention has begun and moments later took the opportunity to set in motion a "Debt From Convention Start" clock that's shining down on the arena, a few sections away from the "U.S. National Debt" clock that's been running for a week or so. You can expect many references to those clocks, and to the national debt, in coming days.