Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue January 27, 2009
Officer's charges could be dismissed
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – A special prosecutor has asked a judge to dismiss charges against a western Kentucky police officer charged with reckless homicide in a fatal wreck. The Paducah Sun reports special prosecutor G.L. Ovey filed the motion in the case of Murray police officer John "Andy" Cooper. Cooper has pleaded not guilty in the case. The charge stems from a March 18 fatal accident that killed 68-year-old Ray Walker of Murray. Cooper's patrol car slammed into the side of Walker's vehicle while responding to a burglar alarm. State police say Cooper's lights and siren were on at the time. Ovey reviewed a grand jury's findings then asked for a second grand jury. The second grand jury did not charge Cooper.