Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed June 27, 2012
In-Office Absentee Voting Begins Thursday in Murray
Absentee voting begins Thursday on Murray’s packaged alcohol vote. Calloway County Clerk Ray Coursey said registered voters who will be out of town for the July 17 referendum can come to the courthouse to cast their ballot.
Mail in absentee voting has been ongoing for over a month. Coursey said he’s not sure how many will take advantage of absentee voting.
"Things were kind of quiet for a while after the petition was turned in back in February. But it seems like there’s a lot of talk about it now. So it may heat up and become a big turn out on both sides.”
Marshall County will hold its own wet/dry referendum the same day as Murray. The Marshall County Clerk’s office opened absentee voting last Thursday, and Deputy Clerk Claudia Phelps said around 40 people have already cast their ballot. She expects high turnout in the coming weeks.