Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Thu August 30, 2012
Observers: Paul's RNC Speech Forceful
U.S. Senator Rand Paul may not have received a prime time speech slot at this week's Republican National Convention, but he still managed to get attention.
Observers like University Louisville political science professor Dewey Clayton say the younger Paul is seen as a potential bridge between the current GOP establishment and they loyal followers of his father, Congressman Ron Paul.
Clayton says the build-up to Rand Paul's speech Wednesday night furthered that, with a video tribute to his father, who is exiting politics after decades in Congress.
"I think there's sort of a passing of the torch here, an acknowledgement that there's a new generation out there and I think that Paul is beginning to somewhat showcase himself on the national stage," he says.
Paul is rumored to be a candidate for the 2016 presidential race. But that would depend on whether or not Republicans can win back the White House this fall.