Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon October 22, 2012
Obion Co. Woman Arrested for TennCare Fraud
Tennessee's Office of the Inspector General has charged an Obion County woman with Medicaid fraud. During a drug round-up, police arrested Cynthia Joan Hale of Hornbeak for allegedly using TennCare, the state’s Medicaid managed care program, to get and sell morphine.
During an undercover operation, Hale twice sold morphine to a local police officer. TennCare fraud is a Class E felony carrying a sentence of up to two years in prison. The OIG has charged more than 1,700 people with TennCare fraud in the past seven years. The latest TennCare cost-avoidance estimate is $ 173 million.