Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Fri April 6, 2012
Obama Re-Election Campaign Opens Kentucky Office
President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign opens its first Kentucky office tomorrow in Louisville with an open house. Spokesman Frank Benenati says the president is serious about competing in all fifty states.
"As we did in 2008 we're going to be playing in all 50 states. And we're in the business of expanding the electorate. From Kentucky to New York to Arizona and everywhere else we're going to be reaching out to folks telling the story of the president's successes and contrasting that with what the Republicans would like to do."
The Obama campaign says the Louisville office might not be the only office it opens in Kentucky, but it currently doesn’t have plans for any more in the commonwealth. But Benenati says the Louisville office will serve the entire state, regardless of whether other offices open. The office is at 617 Baxter Avenue.