Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon February 8, 2010
Oak Grove Votes No to Sewer Grants
By Chris Taylor
Oak Grove, KY – Oak Grove's City Council has voted to not seek grants to upgrade its sewer system. The move could endanger bringing in a proposed shopping mall there. Mayor Dan Potter tells the Kentucky New Era he was dumbfounded by the vote, which came even after recommendations from two state legislators and two elected Christian County officials. The city's sewer system needs an estimated $7.5 million dollars worth of upgrades. Local officials say infrastructure there must be improved before businesses commit to development. The city council meets again next week and may further discuss the issue.