Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon February 8, 2010
Oak Grove Votes No to Sewer Grants
By Chris Taylor
Oak Grove, KY – Oak Grove's City Council has voted to not seek grants to upgrade its sewer system. The move could endanger bringing in a proposed shopping mall there. Mayor Dan Potter tells the Kentucky New Era he was dumbfounded by the vote, which came even after recommendations from two state legislators and two elected Christian County officials. The city's sewer system needs an estimated $7.5 million dollars worth of upgrades. Local officials say infrastructure there must be improved before businesses commit to development. The city council meets again next week and may further discuss the issue.