Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon February 8, 2010
Oak Grove Votes No to Sewer Grants
By Chris Taylor
Oak Grove, KY – Oak Grove's City Council has voted to not seek grants to upgrade its sewer system. The move could endanger bringing in a proposed shopping mall there. Mayor Dan Potter tells the Kentucky New Era he was dumbfounded by the vote, which came even after recommendations from two state legislators and two elected Christian County officials. The city's sewer system needs an estimated $7.5 million dollars worth of upgrades. Local officials say infrastructure there must be improved before businesses commit to development. The city council meets again next week and may further discuss the issue.