Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Around the Nation
Fri January 3, 2014
NYC Mayor's Son Wants Dad To Cancel School Because Of Snow
Originally published on Fri January 3, 2014 6:51 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene.
On a snowy day, kids are desperate to know if they'll have school. So why not ask someone with good sources, like Dante de Blasio, the teenage son of New York City's new mayor? A screenshot of a chat, reportedly from his Facebook page, went viral. A friend asked if school would be canceled. Dante replied, quote, "I'm trying to convince my dad." His mom kept people guessing, tweeting a picture of a snow shovel and the caption: What Dante will be doing if he does not go to school.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.