Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Wed August 15, 2012
NY Horse Track Looks to Invest in Ellis Park
A New York-based horse racing park wants to invest in Henderson’s Ellis Park. Horse racing industry magazine Blood-Horse reports Saratoga Raceway and Casino, of Saratoga Springs, has filed an investment request with the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission. Investment details haven’t been released.
But Ellis Park owner Ron Geary announced earlier this year he was seeking a partner to invest up to $3 million to put in 250 Instant Racing machines. A lawsuit in Kentucky courts is challenging the legality of instant racing. The KHRC plans to consider the New York track’s investment request at its September meeting.