Most Active Stories
- Freezing Rain and Sleet This Evening
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Wed August 15, 2012
NY Horse Track Looks to Invest in Ellis Park
A New York-based horse racing park wants to invest in Henderson’s Ellis Park. Horse racing industry magazine Blood-Horse reports Saratoga Raceway and Casino, of Saratoga Springs, has filed an investment request with the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission. Investment details haven’t been released.
But Ellis Park owner Ron Geary announced earlier this year he was seeking a partner to invest up to $3 million to put in 250 Instant Racing machines. A lawsuit in Kentucky courts is challenging the legality of instant racing. The KHRC plans to consider the New York track’s investment request at its September meeting.