Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon April 5, 2010
Nunn Ruled Competent
By Angela Hatton
Lexington, Ky – A judge has ruled former state lawmaker Steve Nunn is competent to stand trial in the shooting death of his ex-fiancee. Fayette Circuit Judge Pamela Goodwine ruled from the bench after a half-hour hearing today. During the hearing, a psychiatrist who interviewed Nunn testified by telephone. Nunn waived his right to attend the hearing in a handwritten note. Police accuse Nunn of shooting 29-year-old Amanda Ross multiple times last September outside her Lexington home. He has pleaded not guilty to a murder charge.