Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon April 5, 2010
Nunn Ruled Competent
By Angela Hatton
Lexington, Ky – A judge has ruled former state lawmaker Steve Nunn is competent to stand trial in the shooting death of his ex-fiancee. Fayette Circuit Judge Pamela Goodwine ruled from the bench after a half-hour hearing today. During the hearing, a psychiatrist who interviewed Nunn testified by telephone. Nunn waived his right to attend the hearing in a handwritten note. Police accuse Nunn of shooting 29-year-old Amanda Ross multiple times last September outside her Lexington home. He has pleaded not guilty to a murder charge.