Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Mon September 14, 2009
Nunn Remains in Hart Jail
By Tony McVeigh
Bowling Green, KY – For now, former Kentucky representative Steve Nunn remains in the Hart County Jail. Steve Nunn was moved to the Hart County Jail after being released from The Medical Center at Bowling Green, where he was treated for self-inflicted wrist wounds. Kentucky State Police Trooper Charles Swiney says Nunn, whom police want to question in the shooting death of Nunn's former fianc e, was arrested Friday at his parents' graves in Hart County.
"He's being held on Kentucky State Police charges of six counts of wanton endangerment."
Nunn allegedly brandished a 38-caliber handgun at police before being taken into custody. Meanwhile, Lexington Police Lt. Doug Pape says the investigation continues into the murder of 29-year old Amanda Ross, who was gunned down outside her Lexington townhouse Friday morning.
"It's an open investigation and we are still working on it diligently."
Pape would not say whether Nunn is considered a suspect in the murder case.