Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon September 14, 2009
Nunn Remains in Hart Jail
By Tony McVeigh
Bowling Green, KY – For now, former Kentucky representative Steve Nunn remains in the Hart County Jail. Steve Nunn was moved to the Hart County Jail after being released from The Medical Center at Bowling Green, where he was treated for self-inflicted wrist wounds. Kentucky State Police Trooper Charles Swiney says Nunn, whom police want to question in the shooting death of Nunn's former fianc e, was arrested Friday at his parents' graves in Hart County.
"He's being held on Kentucky State Police charges of six counts of wanton endangerment."
Nunn allegedly brandished a 38-caliber handgun at police before being taken into custody. Meanwhile, Lexington Police Lt. Doug Pape says the investigation continues into the murder of 29-year old Amanda Ross, who was gunned down outside her Lexington townhouse Friday morning.
"It's an open investigation and we are still working on it diligently."
Pape would not say whether Nunn is considered a suspect in the murder case.